I Was Broken
Free At Last
The Rest Of The Story
I was immobile with pain and screaming a lot of very bad words to no one in particular. People hurried to help. They got pillows to put under my head. They called 911. They got ice (it was an 80 degree day).
So instead of going back to the RV for a nice cold soda, I ended up in the emergency room of the local hospital.
What To Do If You Have An Emergency While You Are Traveling
1. Keep your medical information easily accessible. Except for my Advance Directive (which they asked me for before surgery) all of my information was in my bag. If I had hit my head instead of my leg, this information would not have been available. Since I wasn't near my RV when this happened, no one would have been able to get my information. So I suggest business cards. If you have a business card with your name, phone, home address and partner's phone number on the front, you can grab one when you check into an RV park you only need to add this to the back.
IN AN EMERGENCY (Select those that apply, or modify to make this your own)
1. I am in space ___
2. My medical insurance is _________ My doctor's number is ____________
3. Please call __________ in an emergency
4. I have (documents)(______) in a red folder in the passenger door of my RV or in my bag, purse, wallet. Please get them to me.
5. I have pets in my RV please take care of them for me
6. I am diabetic. I have heart problems. I have high blood pressure. I am allergic to ________.
Then just tuck that card in your pocket whenever you leave your RV. ALWAYS. Even if you're just walking the dog. Because you never know what could happen to you.